Private food tour for teenagers in Florence
The Walking Food Tour starts in front of Santa Croce Basilica, the Pantheon of Italian glories where the mausoleums of artists and scientists like Michelangelo or Galileo are found, and continues through the neighborhood of Santâ€™Ambrogio.
All the morning versions of the tours â€“ from Monday to Saturday â€“ include a visit to the local market of Santâ€™Ambrogio (closed during holydays).
During this food walking tour travelers will have the possibility to discover the Florentine food tradition sampling some of the most representative dishes.
Together with our Food Ambassador, a licensed local guide and food expert, travelers will taste some Florentine street food (schiacciata) in a local bakery, where clients are mostly locals. The neighborhood of Santâ€™Ambrogio is very central yet it is not, like other parts of Florence, crowded with tourists, and retains a very local flavor. The Food Ambassador will show some hidden corners of the area and will tell about Florentine and Italian everyday life. In the local market students will enjoy some food tastings like vegetable cruditĂ© or local cold cuts and cheeses, and will hear about Florentine lifestyle.
For students the highlight of the tour is often the food challenge. The Food Ambassador will offer a sample of a local dish and will dare travelers to taste it and guess what it is made of. The tour includes tastings of pan sciocco (silly bread), a main dish (usually a local kind of pasta) and ends with a delicious gelato in the oldest gelateria in town.Â
- FoodAmbassador, a licensed local guide and food expert
- An itinerant menu - a real Italian meal
- Visit to a local market
- Pickup and drop-off
- Vegetarian alternatives and for any dietary restrictions can be provided. Please specify it at time of booking.
- Our food tour is in English but tours other languages are available upon request. Contact us!
- The exact address of meeting point will be provided via email few days before the tour.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
Bring your appetite!
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event