Florence: Cupola Climb Guided Tour with Aperitivo (Happy Hour)
Durations: 1 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
Florence food tours aren’t always just about great food! The Cupola climb views Italy from the top of Florence's Dome. Along with enjoying Aperitivo!
See the entire city from a single point by climbing to the top of Florence's Dome. Join a guided tour with local expert guides to discover the structure's full history and to make it unforgettable enjoy an Aperitivo ( Happy Hour) in Italian way,Â after the tour at your convenience from the oldest cafe in Florence.
Day 1 : Florence: Cupola Climb Guided Tour with Aperitivo (Happy Hour)After seeing the Duomo from all sides and visiting the inside of the cathedral, all you need to do to complete the experience is a climb to the top of the cupola! The exterior view of the Cupola is a showstopper but the only way to see the inside of the dome up close and enjoy the extraordinary view of Florence is to climb its 463 steps (there is no elevator). Your guide will talk you through all about how the Cupola was designed and built by Filippo Brunelleschi who won the competition for its commission in 1418. The way up (and down) are basically tight corridors as the workmen who built the cathedral for maintenance, they were never thought of as being open to the public. On the interior of the dome, you can admire the Giorgio Vasari's frescoes of the Last Judgment (1572-9) up close with an interesting explanation of the frescoes from your guide on your way up to the top. Look down and on the base, just above the drum, you'll see that Baccio d'Agnolo began adding a balcony in 1507 and how one of the eight sides were unfinished, there's a story behind it, your guide will reveal it to you on your way as to why the work was immediately halted, and to this day the other seven sides remain rough brick! Once you climb to the top of the Cupola, you will be enchanted from the panoramic view of the Florence city in front of your eyes. Your guide will talk about the history and art of this Duomo Square and answer to any of your questions regarding Duomo.At your convenience, after the guided tour to Brunelleschi's Dome, you can have an Aperitivo ( Happy Hour) from the Oldest Cafe in Florence and you will enjoy this ItalianÂ Aperitivo ( Happy Hour) and this will make your stay in Florence an unforgettable one. This ItalianÂ Aperitivo ( Happy Hour) includes 1 spritz or 1 prosecco or 1 soft drink with finger food.Â All you have to do is to present the tour voucher and enjoy the Aperitivo ( Happy Hour) in an Italian way.
- Entrance fees
- Aperitivo (Happy Hour) includes: 1 spritz or 1 prosecco or 1 soft drink with finger food.
- Ticket and the reservation to climb the Dome (reservation line only
- Official certified guide
- Radio system to hear the guide
- Entrance ticket to the crypt, baptistery, bell tower and the Opera Duomo Museum of the Florence DuomoÂ (on your own time)Â Â
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance to the cathedral
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractionsÂ Â
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, physically not fit to climb steps, pregnant women and suffering from vertigo, claustrophobia or heart problems
- No wheelchair accessible
- No elevators
- Pets are not allowed
- You do not need a ticket to visit the Cathedral; you can enter it at any time before or after this tour
- After the first validation, the ticket is valid for 72 hours: you can use it to visit locations listed on your own time (the Bell-tower and the crypt inside the cathedral)
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The Apertivo Voucher with details can be collected at the tour meeting point Â
- The Apertivo Voucher can be used at your convenience during the hours where the apertivo is offered.Â Â
- Please note that a valid Identification Document is needed to be carried along with the customers.
- We recommend to wear comfortable footwear.Â Â Â
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event