Walking Birthday Party in Florence
The Birthday Stroll begins in the shadow of the Basilica of Santa Croce, in the omonimous square, where the FoodAmbassador â€“ a local guide expert in food and wine â€“ welcomes with a glass of Vernaccia wine. This wine is produced in Tuscany and in surrounding areas and it is the first white wine of the region to have received the DOCG label. Wine is paired with Tuscan crostini, the most famous are those stuffed with chicken livres, capres, oil, onions and anchovies. There are simpler versions too, such as those with cherry tomatoes, olives and truffle patĂ¨. The stroll goes on entering the Santâ€™Ambrogio area. Next stop takes place in a venue that recalls the ancient Tuscan cellars and where the wine is served directed from the exposed wooden barrels. Tuscan cold cuts and cheeses are paired with a white or red wine of your choice. Among the tastings there are Tuscan ham, coppa, lard of Colonnata, finocchiona and different types of pecorino. Stepping into Santâ€™Ambrogio neighborhood â€“ the most authentic heart of Florence â€“ you can meet locals going shopping at the market. A small family-run restaurant iks the next stop of the Walking Birthday Party. The restaurant offers fresh pasta everyday, which can be combined with a traditional Tuscan sauce of your choice â€“ Tuscan ragĂą, truffle dressing, wild boar sauce or duck sauce. A selection of two types of pasta are served and matched with an excellent Chianti wine. A wine that is appreciated in Italy as well as abroad due to its appearance in movies like James Bond and Sherlock Holmes. The walk ends at a local pastry, where you can blow the candles out on a personalized cake and uncork a bottle of sparkling wine to celebrate the special day.Â
- FoodAmbassador, a licensed local guide and food and wine expert
- An itinerant menu - a real Italian meal
- Minimum of five food stops and three top-shelf wines
- Birthday cake
- Pickup and drop-off
- Vegetarian alternatives and for any dietary restrictions can be provided. Please specify it at time of booking.
- Our food tour is in English but tours other languages are available upon request. Contact us!
- The exact address of meeting point will be provided via email few days before the tour.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
Bring your appetite!
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event