Delicious Florence: Evening Food Tour with Wine Tasting & Florentine Steak
Durations: 3 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
Enjoy authentic Italian food and drink on this three hour Florence food tour, learning all about the local culture.
Taste your way through the city of Florence on this three hour Florence evening food tour. Learn all about the cuisine of the region while meeting local bakers, chefs and food enthusiasts along the way. Your local foodie guide will lead you on a delectable stroll through one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Make sure you arrive hungry, there's a lot to eat! Packed with traditional Tuscan foods and wine, experience a delicious taste of authentic Florence!
Day 1 : Traditional Florentine Food and Wine
Many of Italy's delicacies originate from the food eaten by "plebs" back in the day. Developed as a way to maximize food waste and use every part of an animal, this working-class style of cooking is responsible for the popularity of the lampredotto, or tripe, sandwich. Although the popular street food sandwich started out as the only thing poor people could afford, the tradition is still alive and well in modern Florence. Alongside the lampredotto, sample some pappa al pomodoro, followed by a selection of local cured meats and the first of many delicious glasses of wine.Tuscan Wine Tasting and Truffles
Florence is in Tuscany, one of the best wine-producing regions in the world. At your next stop, an outstanding wine bar, taste two different types of fine Tuscan Wine. Plus, taste some truffle and crostini in the heart of Florence. Remember, ask your guide if you have any questions or would like any advice on recipes.Old Style Italian Bakery
Right around the corner you'll find a family-run bakery where you get to sample cantucci, the biscuits of Prato. After tasting both the almond and chocolate cantucci, bring home a bag for later.Pasta and Florentine Steak*
A food tour in Florence without pasta or steak? No way! Sit down in a historical tavern, to an outstanding evening meal starting with pasta. Next, witness a cooking demonstration of the famous bistecca alla Fiorentina (Florentine steak). Tuscan cuisine has plenty of delicious and famous dishes, but if you must choose only one of them, this is the one to get. This stunning Restaurant not only serves up great food, but it's filled with Renaissance culture and curiosities. *If only three (or less) people end up on your food tour, we may end up serving tagliata instead of Florentina steak. Tagliata is a juicey and thick cut of beef that's simple and delicious.
Five tasting stops and plenty of Tuscan vino
A sit-down traditional dinner with Florentine steak
A friendly and local English-speaking foodie guide
Walking tour of Florence
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please contact us if you have any specific requests or a possible intolerance.
- Stops on this tour are subject to change due to seasonal/holiday venue closures.
- Not suitable for pets
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Infant seats unavailable
- â€˘ If you have any food allergies or intolerances, please contact us immediately to let us know. We work with our local vendors to plan menus ahead of time so having this information before your tour is important. Please note that there are some occasions where certain allergies cannot be accommodated. â€˘ If alcohol is not your thing, not a problem! Please let us know in advance so we can prepare alternative beverages for you. â€˘ On this tour we try to follow a standard itinerary, however, due to rare unannounced closures or holidays, we may need to use substitute establishments. â€˘ Should you be coming to Florence by car, we suggest you park in one of the parking garages near the main train station (Santa Maria Novella) as you will not be able to access the city center with your vehicle. Please plan ahead in order to arrive at the meeting point in time for your tour. â€˘ Please read our meeting point directions thoroughly in advance. It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 10 - 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, & missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded. â€˘ Mandatory: Everyone is required to carry a copy of the identification page of their passports on all tours. A photo of the first page of your passport saved on your smartphone works as well. â€˘ The tours involve a fair amount of walking and sometimes stairs and uneven terrain; comfortable shoes are always recommended. â€˘ We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any walking impairments that require special assistance on our group tours. We recommend booking private tours in these cases. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours. â€˘ TTG runs tours rain or shine and no refunds will be issued due to inclement weather. â€˘ We will do everything within our power to ensure timings and itineraries are respected, however, due to issues beyond our control, timings are subject to last minute changes on rare occasions.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before event