Delhi Food Walk
Delhi is a dream destination for foodies and from centuries it is known for its rich and yummy food culture, we are fortunate today that this rich food culture is preserved in the form of small food joints by some thoughtful people for generations. We have designed this amazing experience for you with an intention to take you to these places for food tasting, so that you can also cherish this food, feast your taste buds and have a fabulous and lasting impression.
You will taste more than 6 mouth watering and authentic delicacies of local Delhi food on this food tour, if you are a food lover and enjoy experiencing different kind of foods, then you should not miss this walking tour because trust us, you will surely regret it later.
Tip: Take original Yo Toursâ„˘ food walk by booking online, we only take online bookings.
Day 1 : Delhi Food Walk
We don't want to spill the beans and kill the excitement, so come on this walking tour and explore the city's gems that you would easily miss if you are exploring the city on our own. Though the highlights of the tour will be following
1. Stroll the lanes with oldest food shop of the old Delhi, taste variety of street food, a sixty-layered samosa, crispy, crumbly puri with suji halwa and famous fruit sandwiches.
2. Sip a cup of tea in clay pot, grab a lip smacking fruit chaat served from more than 100 years, and a sweet dishes at with 150 year old recipes.
1. Food Tasting
3. Friendly storyteller who can speak English & Hindi, highly trained by Yo Toursâ„˘
4. Great conversations, interesting stories, local tips and recommendations
1. Highly trained Yo Toursâ„˘ storyteller will meet you at the meeting point and then you will begin exploring the rich and royal delicacies of Delhi on this food walk, you can witness the preparation, get an in-depth understanding of local food culture and the things that influenced the development of these cuisines. (Since these are small and years old food joints, the decor will be little dated but we are sure you the delicious food will take the focus away from decor and setting to the awesomeness of food)
2. Listen to heart warming stories about the city and its food culture, get tips on the preparation of dishes (if you are a culinary enthusiast) and learn the yogic science of 'food body' which is the backbone of mingling so many natural herbs and spices in the Indian cuisine.
3. Be prepared to fill your mouth with mouth watering delights and please bring an appetite, even though it is food tasting it is highly fulfilling for the stomach.
4. Having awesome and sweet memories in the end of this fun, enjoyable and unique experience for you to remember for life and share with your family and friends.
Note: We do quality assurance before adding a place on our food walk, so you can relax and enjoy the food without any worry.
(Please note that to ensure your safety we track all our tours online, so we request you to kindly insist your storyteller to start the tour on our Yo Toursâ„˘ app. at the beginning of the tour itself, which the storyteller will have already installed on their mobile)
1. A good appetite.
2. Water Bottle (since water kills appetite and as per the principles of Yoga, water should be consumed only after 45 minutes of eating, we do not provide you water on the tour)
5. Umbrella (in case of rainy season or summer's)
6. Camera if you enjoy photography
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 25% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event