Food Storiesâ€™ main purpose is to present the genuine Cretan tastes, flavors and culture through the road of gastronomy.
So, our day begins by visiting one local bakery which is still applying the traditional way of making bread and â€śpaksimadiâ€ť- a local dry bread which is very important part of our nutrition. There you will have the opportunity to see the whole process and even take part if you wish.
Later on we will visit an open-air market where you can find a great variety of agricultural products such as fresh fruits and vegetables, legumes, cheese, natural herbs and fresh fish. All these local goods together with smells and authentic pictures will help you understand better the modern way of living in Crete and how this way is connected directly to our traditions through the years.
Of course Food Stories wouldnâ€™t be complete if in the end of day we wouldnâ€™t see in our table all these goods that we talked about and all the authentic smells that we experienced before during the day. This will take place in a fantastic local tavern which is using only the best and the purest of products that Crete has to offer.
So, we would like to invite you to experience your own Food Stories!Â
Your meal, paid locally.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not stroller accessible
- Not suitable for pets
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Please let us know in case of any food allergy.
- We will decide together where is the best place for meeting!
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event