Private Olive Oil Tasting in Crete in the Olive Grove (outdoor)
We organize an olive oil outdoor tasting experience, under the shade of olive trees at the village of Pigi, in the heart of the monumental olive grove of 2.000 years old. We discover the history, culture and the Cretan civilization of olive oil in the Greek Religions during the centuries. We proceed with the olive oil tasting of 4 different olive oils.
Our tasting table is just under the shade of olive trees...
During the tasting we offer pairing food with differents olive oil. Tips of how to taste, preserve, choose, cook and fried olive oil are available. Olive oil pairing with organic food inludes as well welcome meze with local cheese, olives, traditional Cretan bread and tsikoudia - Raki, (Cretan Spirit) , water.¬†¬†
We walk around the peaceful olive grove like a walk in the holy Gethsemane Garden, full of myths, flavors, aromas of olive oils, from Minoan civilization till today. The beauty of the landscape makes our experience a lasting memory.¬†
The village of Pigi, 8 km from Rethymno city, on the way to Arkadi Monastery. The venue is one of the biggest monumental olive grove, of 14
hectares, in Mediterranean area. We walk around olive trees that looks like sculptures.
Day 1 : Olive Oil Tasting in Crete
¬†Our experience is
organized in the Village of Pigi, 8 km from Rethymno city, on the way to Arkadi
Monastery. The venue is one of the biggest monumental olive grove, of 14
hectares, in Mediterranean area. We walk around olive trees, over 2000 years
old who looks like sculptures. The local variety risks to disappear, but the
trees that still stands around, make the olive groove be the Gesthman garden of
We meet just outside of Metaxakis bakery and then drive together to the olive grove.¬†
Transfer is available under request from the area of Rethymno.¬†
¬†We offrer Olive oil pairing with organic food.¬†¬†
Is also included a
welcome meze with local cheese, olives, traditional Cretan bread and different
varieties according to the season.¬†¬†
Tsikoudia - Raki
(Cretan Spirit) , water.¬†
pairing - food with diffrent olive oil
Transfer at the olive grove has a special price rating¬†
- ¬†As in Europe we want to respect the public health measures to mitigate the spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) for the concerning period,¬†we offer Private option booking, at the available price.¬†So once you book your experience,¬†the date seems overbooked.¬†We want to assure a perfet and "safe"¬†OUTDOOR activity in the olive grove. Also, during the tasting and the menu we are going to use disposable cups for safety reasons, even if we always use glasses and never plastics.
- ¬†If you are a smoker, avoid smoking 1 hour before the tasting session.¬†¬†
- Avoid any perfumes, hand cream and other aromatic cosmetics the day of tasting.¬†¬†
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it‚Äôs canceled due to poor weather, you‚Äôll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
a light summer jacket¬†
a big smile¬†
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 0 hours or less before event