Cretan Cooking Classes Elounda - Agios Nikolaos (Free Transfer Included)
If you were to travel all over Crete, crossing it from coast to coast, you would be astounded by the abundance of exceptional dishes and the unique traditional products that youâ€™ll discover.
Cretan recipes are based on Traditional local products such as honey, herbs, vegetables, meat and olive oil, and many more that complete the palette of Cretan gastronomy.
Some of the best and most distinctive recipes have been collected and presented in our place by our Cooks through Traditional Cooking Classes.
â€˘ You'll get hands-on training from a professional local Cook.
â€˘ You'll learn new cooking techniques that can easily be repeated at home.
â€˘ You'll discover our traditions and learn historical tips about our unique cuisine.
â€˘ Vegetarians are welcome. Let me know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions.
Day 1 : Cretan Cooking Class Elounda
The Tour â€“ The ClassÂ
Discover the culinary delights of Crete from Real People. You will be a part of their day-to-day life and share with them their knowledge of local products and delicacies. Be part of True Crete. Enjoy a homemade lunch in the most unique and beautiful environment. Enjoy unlimited exceptional local wine. A Small-group tour limited up to eight people. Tailor-made Cretan Cooking Class experience.This Excursion is offered for the North Coast of Heraklion prefecture including cities from Malia to Kokkini Hani). Â Any other departure points can be arranged upon request.Cooking Class will start with the most essential part: picking the products.
Our cook will welcome you to the open kitchen area and will guide you through the kitchen pantry in order to hand-pick the ingredients you will use for the cooking lesson.
Together you will walk through to pick fresh fruits & vegetables. Deli products and meat will be provided to you right before cooking.Â You will get to know essential information about local products and their importance to contemporary cuisine.Finishing with the groceries, you will head to the private open kitchens on the beautiful front sea view Terrance.Our experienced Cook will guide you through every step of the dishesâ€™ preparation. You will have created dishes that taste and look like in every Cretan home.
What you will CookDepending on the season and the day, you will create three out of ten following dishes:Cretan salad.Â
- Traditional Greek Salad constructed with local ingredients
- Dakos (Barley Rusk topped with fresh tomato, mizithra cheese, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and oregano)
- Tzatziki with local yogurt, cucumber, garlic, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Feta Saganaki with green peppers in spicy tomato sauceDolmadakia
- Chicken bites Tigania with carob syrup & baby potatoes
- Gemista â€“ Greek stuffed and baked vegetables
- Green Beans Casserole.
- Spetsofai with various local sausages and peppers in spicy tomato sauce.
- Pork or chicken bites with Groats Â (whole grain) â€śpligouriâ€ť olive oil, fresh tomato, local herbs and flakes of mizithra cheese (Minoan Recipe)
At the end of the cooking class, you will enjoy a signature menu for all tastes.Â Time to relax and talk about food and other important things in life, in the company of a glass or two of cool white, rose, or even red local wine.
The dishes you prepared will be packed and given to you before you depart in order to take it back with you.
We have prepared for you a food fest full of local delicacies.Â Below you will find some of the dishes you will have the chance to enjoy by sitting all together around the table.
Freshly baked bread and Pita Bread
- Greek salad with barley Rusk, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, peppers, feta cheese, capers and olives.
- Tzatziki with local yogurt, cucumber, garlic and Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Feta Saganaki with color peppers and spicy tomato sauce. (Prepared by guests)
- Dakos (Barley Rusk topped with fresh tomato, mizithra cheese, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and oregano) (Prepared by guests)
- Spetsofai with various local sausages and peppers in spicy tomato sauce. (Prepared by guests)
- Homemade â€śSoutzoukakiaâ€ť Meatballs served with rice or Homemade Mousaka both made by Mama Koula
- Deserts of local delicacies.
Unlimited wine from Cretan producers.
(*)Â Vegetarians will have a choice of â€śBriamâ€ť or Meatless Mousaka.
(**) Guestsâ€™ creations may vary based on the seasonality of ingredients used.
All equipment, all ingredients, apron, all the recipes
Commemorative gifts Recipes & photos were taken on tour are sent electronically via e-mail
All Fees and Taxes
Full course meal with traditional delicacies
- Not suitable for pets
- No public transportation nearby
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please show your ticket to Mini Bus or Taxi Driver as well as upon arrival at our Venue!!
- For transportation, we are using Private Taxi or Mini Buses.Â
A smile and a Good Mood.
Sun Protection cream will be ideal
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before event