Flavours of Corfu Vespa Tour
Join our Flavours of Corfu Vespa tour and ride away from busy Corfu town crossing the countryside to visit local estates and enjoy local products, wine & olive tasting and typical Corfiot lunch.
As soon as you arrive at our office you will meet your tour escort and choose your helmets.Â We start our tour travellingÂ to a local distillery and artisan sweet factory where we will get the chance to taste â€śSikomaidaâ€ť, a traditional Corfiot sun-dried fig pie, the well-known kumquat liquor or Kumquat spoon sweet, as well as some soft handmade nougats and Greek delights in 4 different flavors.
The ride will continue with a visit to Agios Mathaios Village where you will participate in an olive oil tour organized by the Dafnis Family, producers of the olive oil â€śThe Governorâ€ť.Â The olive oil tour lasts approximately one hour and includes an olive oil tasting session.
Our next stop is Kaizerâ€™s throne. Between 1908 and the first world war, Kaiser Wilhelm II spent his summers at Achillion Palace but his favorite location was the village of Pelekas where he wanted to build the Achillion palace in the first place. Itâ€™s not difficult to understand why. Standing at his â€śthroneâ€ť you have a 360-degree panoramic view of the island and one of the most impressive sunsets.
We continue travelling through small traditional villages to the center of the island of Corfu, at Ropa Valley where an organic farming estate is located. At the estate, you will take a 20-minute tour of the winery facilities and cellar with a detailed description of the wine and olive oil production. The tour concludes with a tasting of the Estateâ€™s wines.
Our Flavours of Corfu Vespa tour ends with a visit to a small family traditional restaurant where you will have a hearty and satisfying lunch based on the traditional Corfiot cuisine. The local cuisine has been catalytically influenced by the 411 years of Venetian occupation. Our tour includes a visit to a small local family-owned restaurant where the cook (restaurant owner) learned all the traditional Corfiot cuisines secrets from his mother and grandmother. The homegrown vegetables and poultry, the wooden oven, the original Corfiot cuisine recipes that passed from great grandmother to mother & son and the ownersâ€™ passion for authenticity are the reasons why we choose this restaurant.Â
Day 1 : As soon as you arrive at our office you will meet your tour escort and choose your helmets. We start our tour travelling to a local distillery and artisan sweet factory where we will get the chance to taste â€śSikomaidaâ€ť, a traditional Corfiot sun-dried fig pie, the well-known kumquat liquor or Kumquat spoon sweet, as well as some soft handmade nougats and Greek delights in 4 different flavors.
- Ride through traditional villages, olive groves and vineyards
- Tour includes winery tour & olive oil factory tourincluding wine & olive tasting
- Visit a local distillery and artisan sweet factory including local products tasting
- Tour escort
- Entrance Fees
- 125cc VespaÂ® gts ABS Touringa VespaÂ® top case to store your helmets or backpack, camera etc , HelmetsVespaÂ®
- Piaggio MP3 Yourban 300cc trike rentala VespaÂ® top case to store your helmets or backpack, camera etc , HelmetsVespaÂ®
- Gloves on request
- Enjoy aÂ typicalÂ CorfiotÂ lunch
- Third party insurance for civil liability
- English - GermanÂ
- Any Private Expenses
- Hotel pick up and drop offÂ
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not stroller accessible
- Not suitable for pets
- Infant seats unavailable
- Not recommended for people with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for people with heart conditions
- Driving license requirements for Vespa Scooter ABS/ASR: European Driving License: A, A1, A2. International Driving License: A, A1
- The driving license requirements for Piaggio MP3 300 Three wheeled scooter: Driving license Class B or international B obtained before 19th of January 2013. European Driving License: B, A, A2. International Driving License: B, A. Previous experience driving scooters or motorcycles is mandatory for the rider
- Minimum age of driver: 18 for Vespa 125cc, 20 for Piaggio Mp3 300cc
- You need to present an ID Card or Passport as well as your driving license
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing, so you can enjoy the experience at its fullest
- You are advised to bring a camera along. There are great photo opportunities
- 69 kilometers, 42.9 miles distance covered
- Please be at the meeting point 30 minutes prior to departure.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before event