Whale Watching and Hermanus Wine Route: Private Guided Day Tour from Cape Town
Durations: 10 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
Are you prepared for an early morning start and embark on a journey to Hermanus, a small town near Cape Town, South Africa, known as the best place to do whale watching either from a boat or on the cliffs on our seasonal tours offered.
Are you prepared for an early morning start and embark on a journey to Hermanus, a small town near Cape Town, South Africa, known as the best place to do whale watching either from a boat or on the cliffs on our seasonal tours offered between June and December? If your answer is yes, please rest assured that we have what it takes, private guide driver & luxury vehicle for the best Whale Watching on our Hermanus Tour. To finish the tour with a private wine tasting at Russel Hamilton and Creations. Our last stop should be a penguins tour at stony Point en route to Cape Town
HermanusÂ Whale Watching and Private Wine Tour - What You Can Expect on this Hermanus Whale Watching and Private Wine Tour:
This a seasonal excursion: Mid-June till end of November. Cape Town, particularly the town of Hermanus, boasts some of the top spots in the world for whale watching excursions. The most common ones are the Southern Right whales, and the Humpback whales. On the Private whale watching & Hermanus wine tour we will collect you privately at a recommended time and drive you to Hermanus, where you will board a shared modern boat with other guests. Should the sea conditions not being favorable, we reserve the right to cancel all Private whale watching & Hermanus wine Tours with full refund for the safety of our guests. After the tour you will be given the opportunity to explore Hermanus and sample some of the top Pinot Noir wines produced in the Hemel En Aarde (Heaven on Earth) viticulture region. Lunch is recommended at Creation Wine Estate for their 3-course food and wine pairing for your own account.
Proposed and Custom Itinerary
Private Whale Watching & Hermanus Wine Tour : Weather permitting, we will collect you from your hotel in Cape Town at the agreed time and proceed to Hermanus via the N2 (National Road 2). Upon our arrival in Hermanus at the New Harbor, you will be briefed about these ocean giants by an experienced qualified whale watching specialist. You will learn about their lives, life spam, behavior, etc. You will then board a modern boat with toilet facilities on board. You will embark on a 2 to 3 hour sea excursion, searching for the whales in the ocean. As soon as a whale is spotted, the skipper will stop the boat so that everyone can see these amazing sea creatures up close. As the time goes by, the skipper and crew members will try to spot more whales to maximize a full whale watching experience. Many other marine life have been spotted on different Whale watching tours in Hermanus, such as the Humpback whales, killer whales, great white sharks, dolphins, African penguins, Cape fur seals, orcas etc. Once this amazing private whale watching has come to an end, your personal guide/driver will take you to the town centre of Hermanus. Here you will walk along the secure sea cliff pathways with the possibilities of watching more whales or browsing galleries and a local craft market. We will then proceed to Hemel en Aarde (Heaven on Earth).Â We recommend an exclusive 3-course Food & Wine pairing Lunch at Creation Wine Estate for your own account. This region is known for producing the best Pinot noir in South Africa, because of its cool unique weather conditions. After lunch we drive through the regional road known as R44, passing the beautiful smalls towns of Kleinmond, Pringle Bay and Bettyâ€™s Bay, where you will be able to see the African Penguins at Stony Point. You will be dropped off at your accommodation at the end of the tour.
- Private Whale Watching and Hermanus Wine Tour
- Fixed/Recommended pick up time
- Priced per person (Minimum 2 Pax to make a booking).
- Spend more time on activities and places of interest which are appealing to you
- Discover Stony Point, one of the largest free roaming African Penguin Colonies
- Take a boat trip with an experienced Skipper to explore the Whale Watching
- Sample our top South African Pinot Noir in the Hemel en Aarde (Heaven on Earth) Region
- Enjoy a 3 Course Food and Wine pairing Lunch at Creations
- Explore Hermanus and other small Towns along the way
- Choose between a Luxury Sedan or Mini bus
- Private Tour guide/driver with own Private Vehicle
- Hotel Pick Up and Drop Off
- Chilled Bottled Water onboard the vehicle
- Flexibility to choose your places if interest
- Entrance/Wine Tasting fees
- Tips or gratuities are optional
- Food and drinks
- You can pay directly online
- Instant confirmation
- Infant seats are available on request
- Comfortable walking shoes are advisable
- Children must be accompanied by adults
- Price of this tour is charged per Person
Easy & Most Friendly Cancellation PolicyÂ
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund of the start date of the experience or tour. This applies only on tours purchased directly online on our websiteÂ
Bottled water,Light refreshments,Wine tasting,Driver/guide,Hotel pickup and drop-off,Transport by private vehicle,Entry/Admission - Stony Point Penguin Colony
Lunch,Gratuities,DVD (available to purchase),Drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event