Asado Experience and Street Art Tour in Palermo Viejo
Durations: 5 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
Small intimate groups in a private home where you will learn all about the Argentine asado as well as about the neighborhood of Palermo Viejo.
Learn about the food and culture of Argentina on this 5-hour, small group tour in the beautiful Palermo Viejo neighborhood of Buenos Aires. Visit butchers, bakers, wine shops and more before learning how to make chimichurri, asado and other delectable dishes. Relax and enjoy the delicious foods you have helped to prepare in an amazing large home that was initially a bakery in the turn of the century, car repair shop, art gallery and sculpting studio and workshop and now a large loft home with professional kitchen in an open floor plan with a lovely garden equipped with grill and wood-burning oven
Day 1 : Welcome Home!
Welcome to my home! Here we'll introduce ourselves and I'll explain what is in store for all of us for the rest of the day. We will start by lighting up the grill and then, with the help of a couple of volunteers, we will make the chimichurri. After that, we are ready to start our walking tour of the neighborhood.The Neighborhood
You will learn how Argentina's most dramatic financial crisis helped change this neighborhood from a sleepy residential off-the-beaten-path area to one of the most popular neighborhoods in the city.Plaza Inmigrantes de Armenia
From here I can show you just how this neighborhood changed from a seedy unattractive place to what it is today.The Butcher Shop
We will then buy the main cut of meat for the day and walk towards the wine shop while admiring some more street art and taking pictures along the way.The Wine Shop
This is the perfect place to stop and enjoy a little wine sample before deciding on the bottles to take back to the house. Along the way towards the wine shop we will have more street art stops.Fresh Bread
By this time we are hungry and are looking forward to eating lunch. We have the last stop before reaching the house to pick up some freshly baked bread.Ready to Eat!
We will have a "picada" and we will make a "Fernandito" to wash it down with while hearing about Italy's contribution to the local culture.
You will then help put the salad together and we can admire and talk about all of the cuts of steak and pork that are on the grill.
We can then sit down to eat what will most likely be the best meal of your entire trip!
We will finish off with a local traditional dessert and learn our last local cultural custom of how Argentine's say goodbye to friends.
All food and beverages consumed on the tour are included. This includes water, wine, beer (if chosen instead of wine), appetizers, first course, salad, main course, dessert and mate. Guide during walking tour of the neighborhood. You will also get a mini wine tasting at the wine shop.
Hotel pickup and drop-off are not included, but you can request this service. Depending on availability we can provide bilingual drivers. If you would like, our drivers can also be available for airport transfers. Just let us know if you would be interested in additional transportation services.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Hotel pickups, if purchased, commence approximately 15 - 30 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
We will be walking a little bit so please dress according to the weather. You can bring comfy shoes for walking.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 72 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 6 days or less before event