Food Tour in Budapest - Eat Hungary
Durations: 3 Hour(s)
Group Size: 2+
Discover Hungarian cuisine with 8 different tastings of authentic mouthwatering specialities during a guided walking tour through the heart of downtown Pest & the Jewish Quarter.
Eat your way around Budapest!Â A foodie revolution has swept through the city in recent years & brought with it Michelin star gourmet restaurants, reinvented market halls, street vendors, & elegant cafes & quirkey food trucks. On the Eat Hungary tour not only do you get a perfect day of eating with the help of a knowledgeable local guide but you'll also learn a little about Hungarian history, traditions, & culture along the way. We take you off the beaten path, to local eateries & shops not frequented by all the regular tourists.
The tour begins at the Cityrama office with stops at BelvĂˇrosi Piac the downtown market hall on Hold utca (NOT to be confused with the Central Market Hall), local butcher shop, cheese shop, traditional restaurants & finally a neighborhood pub for a taste of locally made artisanal beers.
There is a little something for everyone!
Hungarian cheese specialities
Selection of Hungarian salamis
'LĂˇngos' (fried Hungarian flat bread)
- 'KolbĂˇsz & Hurka' (sausages & pickled vegetables)
- 'TĂşrĂł Rudi' (a chilled chocolate covered dessert)
- 'KĂĽrtĹ‘skalĂˇcs' (a sweet dough pastry covered in sugar)
- Traditional Hungarian pastry
- 'PĂˇlinka' (Hungarian fruit brandy)Â
Â Due to the current pandemic, Cityrama/Gray Line Hungary programs may be subject to change.Â
Day 1 : The tour starts from our office where you'll be welcomed with 'TĂşrĂł Rudi' (a chilled chocolate covered dessert) and mineral water
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- PleaseÂ show up 15 minutes before tour departure time.
- Â Due to the current pandemic, Cityrama/Gray Line Hungary programs may be subject to change.Â
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before event