Private Day Trip : Montserrat, Lunch, Wine & Cava Taste in an Ancient Vineyard
Durations: 9 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
Enjoy this Private Full Day Trip in the nature, visiting the wonderful mountain of Montserrat and tasting the best cavas and wines in an incredible Winery in the Penedés of the 14th century.
Looking for a day out of Barcelona? Let's get out of the city! Enjoy this Private Day Trip Tour to Montserrat combined with a visit to one of the best Cava Cellars of the 14th century.
Experience the nature of this unique jagged mountain and the ancient Monastery hidden between the peaks. Get to know 'La Moreneta', the Black Madonna and her fascinating story. Learn all about the history of Montserrat and the Monastery.
Visit the Local Farmers' Market. Try the fabulous regional products of Catalonia. Stroll through the Plaza de Santa Maria, where the Romanesque architecture of the Monastery and the Church of Santa Maria de Montserrat merge with the stones of the mountainâ€™s peaks.
Get to know â€˜La Moreneta', the Black Virgin, inside the Benedictine Monastery, and listen to the Children's Choir of Montserrat, made up of fifty pupils from the monastery school.
Take a short and easy hike up the mountain to the viewpoint of the Creu de Sant Miquel and enjoy the extraordinary view of the valley.
Tired? Lunchtime! Taste a delicious Catalan lunch in a Traditional Restaurant, at the open air admiring the incredible views of the PenedÃ¨s Valley and the mountains of Montserrat.
Next stop: Visit a 14th century winery, one of the most important in Catalonia. Have the opportunity to tour its plantations while learning the cycles of vineyard growth and organic viticulture, accompanied by an expert guide in wines and cavas. Get to know the place where wines and sparkling wines are produced. End this fantastic tour tasting two different sparkling wines and one reserva sparkling wine of five years accompanied by Iberian ham and cured cheese from the area.
All of this will happen while you contemplate the vineyards and admire the beautiful mountain of Montserrat in the background.
Don't worry, your private guide will pick you up and drop you off to your hotel in Barcelona.Take a day out of town and relax in nature, in the Magical Montserrat and the vineyards of the Penedes Valley!
Day 1 : Pick up guest hotel
Your guide will pick you up at your hotel by carMontserrat by car
- Enjoy the landscapes that surround Barcelona while your local guide tells you all about the magical mountain and its Benedictine Monastery.
- Taste cheeses, hams and a lot of regional products of Catalonia. Talk to local farmers. Learn how they produce them.
- Enter the Monastery Benedictine, meet 'La Moreneta', the 12th century statue of the Black Madonna, patron Saint of Catalonia
- Boys Choir - Listen to the Boys Choir of the Monastery School singing Virolai and Salve Regina to 'La Moreneta'
- Take a short hike to one of the most beautiful panoramic spots in the area. Enjoy the incredible views of the mountain.Mirador de les caves Restaurant
Lunch at restaurant "Mirador de les caves" wich offer incredible views over the Montserrat mountain range. The food served here is based on locally-sourced, paired with Llopartâ€™s wines and sparkling wines.Bodega Llopart
- Winery in a unique environment with unbeatable views of the PenedÃ¨s and Montserrat, wine producers from the XIV century. Ecological mountain vineyards. ES ---Bodega en un entorno Ãºnico con inmejorables vistas al PenedÃ¨s y a Montserrat, productores de vino desde el S XIV. ViÃ±edos ecolÃ³gicos de montaÃ±a.
- You will get to know about the vineyard growth cycles as well as organic grape growing.The tour will continue with a visit to the facilities where Llopart wines and sparkling wines are produced. The tour will end with a tasting of 2 Reserva sparkling wines and 1 five-year Reserva sparkling wine accompanied by local cured meats and cheese.
We return to Barcelona & Drop hoff guests hotel
- Enjoy a different day in the mountains, with a private guide
- Visit the medieval monastery and the black Madonna
- Discover a great viewpoint in a short hike
- Visit a local farmerâ€™s market and try its products
- Discover the Penedes, the Catalonian wine & cava region
- Lunch in a traditional restaurant admiring the Penedes Valley.
- Visit an exclusive familiar winery, surrounding by beautiful landscapes
- Learn all about Cava & Wine production with an expert guide
- Taste two reserva sparkling wines and one 5 year old reserva sparkling wine.
- Iberic ham and cured cheese accompanying the wine
- Pick up & drop off by to your hotel by car included
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Not recommended for people with reduced mobility
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 4 days or less before event