Taste Athens Food Walk: Market Visit & Lunch
Durations: 3 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1-8
Join us on a food walk through the heart and stomach of Athens! Bring along your appetite and discover Greece’s rich culinary heritage, meet the locals and have fun!
Join us on a small group (up to 8ppl) food walk through the buzzing vibe, colours and flavours of the Central Fish & Meat Market and savour along the way, more than 20 local tastes, among others:
- Delicious spanakopita and bougatsa pie with cream/cheese.
- Six different local cheeses and cold-cuts.¬†
- Original Greek yogurt with honey or wild cherry preserve.
- A selection of top-quality olives and extra virgin olive oil.
- Different types of honey, eg from thyme, pine and fir tree.
- Traditional Greek coffee made on hot sand!¬†
- An array of different meze (tapas) made with fresh vegetable, meat and fish straight from the market.
- Heavenly desserts, eg baklava and a unique flavoured ice-cream.¬†
- Can be adjusted for vegetarians.
Day 1 : Varvakios MarketVarvakios Market is the belly of the city. This is where the locals come to buy the most delicious and fresh meat, fish, fruit and vegetables. Around the market, there's small cafes for endless people-watching, delis and eateries to satisfy your hunger.PsyrriBohemian and artsy Psyrri, is one of Athens' oldest neighbourhoods, Packed with artisan stores, quaint cafes and restaurants with live Greek music, it is a delight for the senses during both day and night time.Monastiraki square
One of Athens' most beautiful squares, where religions, traditions and civilisations meet.
- All food and drinks mentioned.
Please let us know in advance about your dietary requirements and we will do everything we can to accommodate you.¬†
If you have a severe allergy, please contact us before making a booking.
Last but not least, our walk passes by places that do not always allow easy access for wheelchairs, walkers or crutches.¬†
Please send us a message beforehand to advise about your particular situation.
- Bottle of water
- Comfortable shoes (not flip flops)
- Face mask
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 4 days or less before event