Private Taste Athens Evening Food Walk & Dinner
Durations: 3 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
Join us on a delightful journey around four of our favourite neighbourhoods and brace yourself for a delicious evening full of delectable products, appetizing snacks, mouthwatering desserts and fine local drinks along the way!
Join us on a delicious journey around Athens through four of the cityâ€™s most foodie neighbourhoods to take in as much Greek gastronomy as you can (come hungry!).
During our private food walk:
- We will visit a deli to taste amazing Greek olives, Greek cheeses, spreads and learn all about Greek herbs and olive oil.Â
- We will taste the beloved street food of the locals, the souvlaki or gyro.Â
- We will watch how the locals unwind inside stylish bars and cafes around the hip St. Ireneâ€™s square surrounded by the first cathedral of Athens and neoclassical buildings of 19th century.
- We will taste peinirli (a traditional boat-shaped pizza topped with melting cheese and delicious cold cuts) baked on hot stone oven.
- We will visit a well hidden mom-and-pop restaurant to savour tapas style food in bohemian Psyrri area.
- Time for hard choices: pick your favourite dessert: baklava, galaktoboureko (phyllo custard pie) or a unique-flavoured ice-cream!
Day 1 : Syntagma square
We will meet in Syntagma square to start our tour. We will visit first a well-know local deli for a quick introduction to Greek cuisine and grab our snacks to warm up our appetite. Next on our way, two of the landmarks of the city, the Athens Cathedral and Kapnikarea Church.Commercial Triangle
Further on, we will visit the Commercial Triangle area to taste what the locals eat for street food, gyro and a boat-shaped local pizza. We will pass by the vibrant nightlife area of the city, before our find our way to artsy and bohemian Psyrri for a traditional dinner and delicious desserts!Monastiraki square One of Athens' most beautiful squares, where religions, traditions and civilisations meet. An old Byzantine monastery stands aside with a former mosque, and Hadrianâ€™s Roman library lies majestically under the shadow of the Sacred Rock. Psyrri
Bohemian and artsy Psyrri, is one of Athens' oldest neighbourhoods, Packed with artisan stores, quaint cafes and restaurants with live Greek music, it is a delight for the senses during both day and night time.
- All food and drinks mentioned.
Please let us know in advance about your dietary requirements or any severe allergy.
Our walk passes by places that do not always allow easy access for wheelchairs, walkers or crutches.
Please send us a message beforehand to advise about your particular situation.
Bottle of water
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before event