Athens Food Small Group Walking Tour: Taste (Y)Our Way
Being in the center of the pathways between the East and Europe, Greece has always enjoyed a great variety of influences, some of the most important of them involving the great family of foods and tastes of its capital, Athens. Stroll down hundreds of years of culinary tradition that gave birth to one of the most recognized and healthy diets of all time, the Mediterranean Diet.
In this 4 hour private tour you will visit some of the oldest traditional markets of the capital, taste typical salty and sweet Greek delicacies like the loukoumas and the cheese pie, explore all kinds of herbs and spices and the worldwide famous Greek olives, olive oil and, obviously, the souvlaki. You will also experience some of our most cherished everyday habits, like enjoying a Greek coffee or a glass of ouzo accompanied by a selection of small dishes (meze) in some of the oldest establishments of the historical center of Athens.
Be accompanied by a Gastronomy Expert of the Be a Greek Team,A Greek coffee or other traditional refreshment per person,A great variety of salty and sweet finger food delicacies,An assortment of typical Greek plates to accompany the unique ouzo,All Fees and Taxes
Entrance fees to any point of interest,Personal expenses (i.e.souvenirs etc.),Entry/Admission - Hadrian's Library
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- We specify that the tour needs a minimum required of participants to make it available.
- This experience requires good weather. If itâ€™s canceled due to poor weather, youâ€™ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If itâ€™s canceled because the minimum isnâ€™t met, youâ€™ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event